[FoRK] stupid idea of the day -- voice synthesis
Gregory Alan Bolcer
2018-03-11 00:10:12 UTC
Someone asked what you could do w/ the new neural network models to do
human voice synthesis. All the answers were about fraud.

So here's my stupid idea of the day: I have voicemails from my contacts
on my phone. Take those voicemails and train a speech synthesis program
to read the texts from them in their own voice. My wife's car will read
the texts in the stupidest computer voice ever. Why can't they read it
in the sender's voice? It wouldn't be hard to do the conversion w/
modern open source.

Greg
--
***@bolcer.org, http://bolcer.org, c: +1.714.928.5476