[FoRK] Jeff Barr: Blockchain is a floor wax AND a dessert topping
Ken Meltsner
2018-04-23 15:26:32 UTC
Could well be true -- FoRK participant in the news....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-apos-blockchain-competes-similar-030229788.html

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/get-started-with-blockchain-using-the-new-aws-blockchain-templates/

"...
In a blog post about how to use Blockchain Templates, AWS vice
president and chief evangelist Jeff Barr acknowledged the lack of
clarity by referencing a 1970s “Saturday Night Live” sketch about
(http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75ishimmer.phtml)Shimmer Floor Wax, a
floor polish that is also a non-dairy dessert topping.

“Some of the people that I talk to see blockchains as the foundation
of a new monetary system and a way to faciliate international
payments. Others see blockchains as a distributed ledger and immutable
data source that can be applied to logistics, supply chain, land
registration, crowdfunding and other use cases,” he wrote. “Either
way, it’s clear that there are a lot of intriguing possibilities and
we are working to help our customers use this technology more
effectively.
.."
--
After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever .sig material.

Gregory Alan Bolcer