[FoRK] 2001 screening in 70mm at SF, late night Monday July 30
Rohit Khare
2018-06-17 20:23:21 UTC
Sure, it's over a month away but I'm buying tickets anyway
https://drafthouse.com/sf/tickets/2001-a-space-odyssey-
70mm-restoration/0801/21347/showtimes

The two 7pm shows are sold out, so the 11PM-1:30AM show works for me. I
missed the long runs at the Castro in May and June already, so I don't want
to miss Nolan's restoration. Yes, it's a Monday night. Anyone else in for a
small group buy? I'll be in Row 5, Seat 22

https://www.sfstation.com/2018/05/17/kubricks-2001-a-
space-odyssey-returns-to-theaters-for-a-limited-50th-anniversary-screenings/

Also, any guesses what bug created this permalink for BBC's headline
"Stamps mark 2001: A Space Odyssey 50th anniversary"?
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-44484811

https://www.iompost.com/stamps-coins/collection/2001-a-space-odyssey-/

— Rohit
Ken Meltsner
2018-06-17 20:38:03 UTC
Saw it in Portland at the Hollywood (thanks Kent) — great print. Will seem
glacially slow to many people, but it mostly holds up.

I would also swear that people would not have laughed at one point at the
original showings, but they do now if they’ve seen it before.

Ken
After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever .sig material.
Gregory Alan Bolcer

Lucas Gonze
2018-06-18 18:00:23 UTC
Kubrick's slowness, especially in the early shots on the ship, feels
sadistic. "Solaris" (the original Russian version by Tarkovsky) was
similar.

Sorry to have to miss this, but the time of night is out of my league.