[FoRK] Yet another reason to hate hand air driers
Joseph S. Barrera III
2017-04-11 22:06:10 UTC
At a restaurant today, I went to the restroom to wash my hands. There was a
cook employee in the same bathroom who washed his hands right after mine.
His technique was impecable -- lots of soap and water, getting the spots
between the fingers, etc. The restroom had no paper towels, just those damn
air driers. Usually I just get most of the water off and then grab some
paper napkins to actually finish getting my hands dry, but this time I
though, hey, this guy has to deal with the air driers all the time, maybe
there's some trick to actually getting your hands dry in under five
minutes. So I'm drying my hands as he's drying his, and he's shaking his
hands, turning them over, rubbing them together... then the blower stops,
and he grabs a well-used rag from his apron and finishes drying his hands.
Gregory Alan Bolcer